A daughter who loves her dad to the moon and back

sezza1980
New Contributor

A daughter who loves her dad to the moon and back

Hi my dad has been diagnosed with kidney cancer and I'm scared. I try to be positive but there are so many assumptions and I'm scared of the facts. I have terrible fears and nightmares, in saying that so glad to find supportive community to be a part of 🙂
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
tatsoi
Contributor

Re: A daughter who loves her dad to the moon and back

sorry your dad has kidney cancer. It's a very difficult thing to adjust to. Wishing you many good times with your dad. Love him up. Dad's are special ! x
0 Kudos
sezza1980
New Contributor

Thanks I will definitely! Are you a family/ friend of someone who has cancer? I'm trying to stay strong and positive and keep things together in the process x
0 Kudos
tatsoi
Contributor

yes my dad has a primary brain cancer known as Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM). He was diagnosed last july 2012, and had brain surgery and radiation and chemo. It is a terminal cancer and median survival is 15 months. He has been doing well until last few weeks and his last MRI scan shows that the tumour is back near the original site. Although this is totally to be expected, it's almost like when he was first diagnosed. There will be more treatment options...but each time they get more limited...and sadly one day...we won't have anymore :( it's hard to know what to do!... But i do know I want to have more wonderful times with him...and hope they won't be too few. and hope he doesn't suffer greatly.
0 Kudos
sezza1980
New Contributor

I'm so sorry to read this. It must be such a tough time for you all. At one time I thought my would was ending and I was paralysed with fear, but to read this my heart really goes out to you. You seem so brave and strong. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.