A significant day

little_stitcher
Super Contributor

A significant day

I feel like sharing, and I know people on here will understand. My husband, who has been in remission for NHL for 12 months, was referred to a psychologist today. As well as being diagnosed with incurable cancer last year, he has been having shocking job stress for 2 years, so I'm not suprised. I've known this would happen for the last few months; I've been waiting for him to be ready to ask for help, but I still find myself upset by it. Is that weird? If I've known for ages that it's going to happen, why do I still feel shocked that it has? Has anyone else had this experience? Emily
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Rikki
Occasional Contributor

Re: A significant day

Hi Emily All sounds a bit human to me! I think no matter how much we kind of 'know' something there is always a part of us that hopes it is not going to happen. However it sounds like it is a good thing that he has asked for help. I imagine you probably feel sad that he is in such a difficult situation. Take care Rikki
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.