Advanced Breast Cancer

Stephen
Occasional Contributor

Advanced Breast Cancer

Thought I would set up this thread of discussion as I know the forums are set up for individual Diagnosis types however I believe that there are many Advanced Breast cancer sufferers and carers who would like to share their ideas, questions, fears and support to the wider group. I am a carer and my wife has had advanced breast cancer now for just over 2 years after it was picked up in the chest and the liver. She is ER+PR+ Her2neu and for the first 12 months was on hormonal treatment (letrozole). When this failed she has been on xeloda and Avastin for 14 months with a partial response (in other words medically the growths have reduced by more than 30%). The biggest issue I have as a carer is getting the right information to ensure the best result for my wife and quality of life. I believe the best way is through forums like this where you can share your experiences and support each other.  
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Cherub
Not applicable

Advanced Breast Cancer

hey steven I have been newly DX with ABC and frequent the aussie breast cancer forum http://www.bcaus.org.au/forum/index.php your wife might like it love Jennifer
0 Kudos
applepie
Occasional Contributor

Advanced Breast Cancer

I agree Jennifer . The Aussie Breast Cancer Forum is fantastic for lively, instant feedback. I have primary breast cancer myself and the members are very friendly and informative, The Secondary Breast Cancer Section is excellent with many contributing members going through the same type of things and discussing treatments and how they are coping with their diagnosis. www.bcaus.org.au Highly recommend this forum. AP
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.