Best friend living with cancer....

Rita
New Contributor

Best friend living with cancer....

Hi Everyone My thoughts are with you at this time, but I must ask you and tell you about my best friend Anita who is only 44 years of age.... She was diagnosed on 20th June, they found a 2.5cm lump in her left breast and due to this on the 10t July she underwent surgery to have both breasts removed and shortly she will be starting extreme Chemo. Since being told this news, I am still in total shock and have not had a propers night sleep so I cannot imagine the emotions she is feeling.... Every year me and my sister hold Pink Ribbon Day with our close family and friends and try to raise money for the Cancer Council of NSW. This year we have decided to do it on a bigger scale and in honour of Anita! I would like to announce to any followers that we will be holding a fundraising event at Siena's Restaurant, 1345 The Horsley Drive, Wetheril Park NSW on the 19th October 2012 at 7.30pm for Pink Ribbon Night. The night will feature a 3 course meal, drinks including soft drinks, an auction and raffles (prize donations much appreciated!) and a PINK tribute show by Megan Hilder. Please send me a private message if you would like more details about the event. We are hoping to make this a wonderful night for everyone involved so any help would be appreciated as this is a fantastic cause.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Rubes1984
Contributor

Re: Best friend living with cancer....

Good luck Rita with ur fundraising efforts. Unfortunately I live in qld. I hope ur night is very successful and I wish ur friend all the best with her treatment. I pray that she wins her battle with cancer....just as I pray we all win the survival battle with this horrible disease. Rubes
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

Good luck with your fundraising. That's great to support your friend. Best Wishes for your friends recovery from surgery and forthcoming chemo. Everybody will have a different experience but I found that with my chemo and mastectomy (single with immed reconctruction) none of it was as bad as I imagined it would be. It was just a matter of dealing with one step at a time and getting through it.
0 Kudos
Rita
New Contributor

Thankyou Rubes for your support... She started chemo last monday and I visited her on Friday and to my horror she looked terrible, I could not believe the change in a week... but I did not show my emotions but she sure did show hers.... I did not know what to do or say as she cried in my arms.... .She is on extreme chemo 4 (which i do not know what this means) where she will have 2 hours of chemo every 3 weeks for the next 6 months.... ....... Her first hit of chemo was obviously terrible as she has had nausea, bad bad headaches, burning feelings over her chest, can't eat, and no energy and OMG she has bloated up like a fish..... My heart breaks for her. I will just be there to support her and try my best to understand this terrible disease... Rita
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.