Coping n coming to terms

Georgie22
New Contributor

Coping n coming to terms

Hey I have never felt so helpless my head is spinning to try n cope.

my husband has been diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer, which has already affected his bones they told me I can’t get support til the biopsy report is finalised, accommodation to date has cost be a fortune. I asked to see social worker alone at hospital but this was not offer and had to be dealt with my husband presence.  How and I suppose to be strong for him when basically they said there nothing more they can do. This has all happened in a matter of a couple weeks

they transferred him back to our hospital close to home.  I was told to leave as visiting ours are only between 10 am n 4 pm.  He arrived at the hospital close to 6 pm the ambulance driver took me straight to his room  I feel so overwhelmed about it all.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Coping n coming to terms

Hi Georgie, really sorry about your husband’s diagnosis.  No wonder you are shattered by this sudden news. If he’s so sick you should be able to stay with him as long as you want and not worry about visiting hours.  Hope you have family and friends to support you both through this time. Sending you lots of prayers and love. 🙏💕 LindaG 

0 Kudos
Georgie22
New Contributor

Re: Coping n coming to terms

Thank you Linda, it’s just been so overwhelming for both of us.  As it’s gone so far there is little hope of cure. So his last wish is to come home.  So I’m trying to do all I can to let this happen.  Hopefully there will be plenty of support for us.  The hardest part is no one can even give me an estimate of how severe it all is and what kind of time limiti could be looking at.  Whether it’s weeks or months I’m hoping n praying for longer.  I do believe in miracles 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.