HI

jb64
New Contributor

HI

HI TO EVERYONE! I JUST WANTED TO INTRODUCE MYSELF AND MY WIFE ALSO.SHE IS THE ONE WITH CANCER BUT EVERYONE I TALKED TO SAID THAT WE BOTH ARE GOING THRU IT. IT JUST FEELS GOOD TO HAVE A PLACE WHERE I CAN TALK OR CHAT WITH SOMEONE. I TRIED A GROUP ON YAHOO AND I SIGNED UP FOR IT AND THEY NEVER SENT ME AN EMAIL TO LET ME KNOW IF I COULD JOIN OR NOT AND WHEN YOU ARE GOING THRU SOMETHING LIKE THIS AND YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE AND CANT.SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS AND FOR ALL THAT YOU DO.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
wombat4
Contributor

Re: HI

When cancer comes bursting through your door, {it dosnt knock and wait politely for someone to let them in }. It bursts through the door and touches everybody in the house and family. Indeed, we are all touched by it when it visits. It becomes a journey we never thought we would have to embark on. On saying that it is important to remain positive. Many people have gone on the journey and survived it. Best wishes Wombat4
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: HI

All the best to you and your wife . You will probably hear from others with the same cancer as you wife's and also from other care givers. I don't know about Yahoo groups but do know that with some Facebook groups it can take from a couple of days to a few weeks to be approved when you ask to join. You may still hear from them but now you have a group where you are already welcome.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.