Hello everyone

JudyMJ
New Contributor

Hello everyone

My 27yo son has been dealing with cancer since he was 19...originally bowel cancer, then secondaries in the liver and lung. He now has multiple tumours in the lungs and so chemo is the only option. I learnt about this website recently, and have read quite a bit of your posts. I'm feeling lost and frightened and hope that I can weather the storm that is looming in my life. I can see that all of you are dealing with similar situations to me and hope that it will help me through the tough stuff.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Zen-moment
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hello everyone

Hi JudyMJ Lots of thoughts with you as you face this storm - you and your son have had storms aplenty by the sound of it, and I hope that you manage the current one with the same, if not strengthened, resilience you have found over the last 6 years. Can understand the feeling of lost and frightened - in my darkest moments I've kept saying to myself, this too shall pass, and somehow the sun does rise the next day. Good to see you here - take care, and all the best. Zen
0 Kudos
JudyMJ
New Contributor

Re: Hello everyone

Hi Zen, Thanks so much for your kind words. It means so much to me to be able to share my challenges with this community. My son, P, starts his chemo on Monday...supposedly, for 6 months. We'll just take it a day at a time. Best wishes, and thanks again, JudyMJ
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.