Helping others

Hope2006
Not applicable

Helping others

Helping Others : When my daughter was diagnosed with NHL, 7 years ago, I discovered that this was the most difficult part of my life. She is all clear now. I am still living with this fear. I needed someone who had been through a similar situation with an adult child with cancer, but I knew no-one. It was a lonely time. Recently a friend of mine , is going through this same situation with his adult daughter having treatment for Lymphoma. I would like to be of help, because I know what he is going through, but, it is taking me back to a time and place that was sheer terror. What can I do? What should I do ?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
tracy1
New Contributor

Re: Helping others

Hi hope2006, I am going through the same situation with my daughter who is 21 years old and has just been diagonised with bowel cancer. i feel my life has just been turned upside down. It is so hard to stay positive and supportive because you are hurting so much yourself. it is so hard to find a person in the simular age group going through the same thing. as they say it is very rare a person of this age having bowel cancer.
0 Kudos
SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: Helping others

Tracey , I have read that bowel cancer is seen more in a younger age group than it used to be . There are probably some on this site who can talk to you . Hope . I think you will find someone here who knows what you are going through . I hope so .
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.