How do you go on after your loved one is gone and you are left behind

purpleangels
Contributor

Re: How do you go on after your loved one is gone and you ...

Hey there! It is certainly very tricky navigating this new normal....... That actually isn't so normal...... What kids deserve to grow up without a dad? Certainly not mine. Thanks Ron for your words of encouragement.......I will do nothing until the path becomes clear again...... You have a wise father. I have two young children who I have to get out of bed for each day. Thank The Lord!! It has only been three weeks, and I think I am still in shock a bit.....I can't believe that he is gone. I loved him so much, and felt so awful for what he had to go through. It was horrific at times. Cancer definitely sucks. I miss him and his ability to always make me laugh and infuriate me all at the same time. I miss his text messages and I miss his cooking, and the way he lined up the Tupperware in the cupboard (drove me crazy but I miss it). I miss his guitar playing and so many other things........ I hope I did him justice at his farewell. I hope he liked it. It has been raining here since he died....everyday........more rain. Does he miss us as much as we miss him? So many questions, so many thoughts. So many memories. Can't believe he's really gone!! PA
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.