Introduction

missbrookie
New Contributor

Introduction

Hi My name is Brooke, I am a 32 year old single mum I have 2 daughters aged 7 and 11 and am currently caring for my mum, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in march this year, she tried chemo but sadly it didnt work and there are no other treatments. I feel very alone sometimes and I seem to be learning who my real friends are. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with in my life and sometimes I dont know if I am even strong enough to do it on my own 😞 I joined this group in hope I would get to chat with others in this horrible situation.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Introduction

Hi Brooke I am sure you will find a lot of people who will understand what you are going through, or at least have an insight. Of course it is different for all of us in a way. Patients and carers go through different emotions and yet all with a similarity. I hope you find some comfort on this site and that it can help you deal with all that you are going through. Julie
0 Kudos
missbrookie
New Contributor

Hi Julie, thank you. i havent even had a chance to be on here since i joined, my mum is going downhill fast 😞
0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

Brooke Sorry to read that your Mum is deteriorating fast it would be frightening for all concerned,I hope things improve for your mum and family and that your strength and love for her helps you both at this time kj
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.