Lung and liver cancer????

sunshine66
New Contributor

Lung and liver cancer????

Hi all, 

My Mother has just been diagonosed with Lung and Liver cancer. We don't know anyone who has gone through this type of cancer.  Doctor's are saying the Lung is the primary cancer and liver secondary. My Mother is contining to work to distract her self  while dealing with the cancer for now. She has only been given a tablet form of medication to start treatment. In the meantime she has lost 10 kgs and is not eating much due to the stress of the illness. Initally she had no pain before and is now suffering lower back pain and stomach pain. Does anyone who know of any natural remedies? as she seems to be taking pain relievers each day. I'm scared she will let this cancer control her mind as well body. Big hugs and kisses to everyone watching a loved one go through this. 

4 REPLIES 4
Pamb1547
New Contributor

Re: Lung and liver cancer????

Hi. 

I have terminal Cancer, lung with bone secondaries.  I have recently found out that effervescent magnesium can dramatically, 

but without stress, relieve chemo constipation.  

(Mag Tablets don’t). I’ve never suffered b4 so one huge element of chemo misery is removed and it’s good for my body. No downside that I have found. 

0 Kudos
joy1
New Contributor

I researched everything when my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer. Whatever I found and read sounded so positive but it ended up having no scientific evidence to back it up.   Some of the natural therapy products were tested by allot of scientists but riven not positive in combatting cancer.   The chemists analysed all the products I came up to use but they were incompatible with my husbands treatment plan.   The doctors analysed everything 

if it works for a very few it is a fluke.   I give him good food lots of love and follow the doctors.   I pray that every day he is with us he has a chance of being with us longer and a cure will be found   It affects everyone  in the family forever.   BUT try everything because no one knows.   

0 Kudos
sunshine66
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your reply and I'm glad you have found some relief. I have told my Mum about this piece of advice.  After you were initially told about the cancer did you suffer from the shakes at all? She keeps mentioning that this is happening to her frequently. At the moment she is very isolated in small country with not much infomation. I am hoping when she is ready she will join this forum and discuss the motions of this disease.  Sending all my love to you. 

@Pamb1547 wrote:

Hi. 

I have terminal Cancer, lung with bone secondaries.  I have recently found out that effervescent magnesium can dramatically, 

but without stress, relieve chemo constipation.  

(Mag Tablets don’t). I’ve never suffered b4 so one huge element of chemo misery is removed and it’s good for my body. No downside that I have found. 

0 Kudos
sunshine66
New Contributor

Thank you so much Joy for your reply. I'm glad you are doing everything you can to research and support your husband. He is very lucky to have you. Did he at all suffer from shakes after first finding out the news?I'm not sure if its my Mum's body reacting to the shock of it all or something that follows with the disease. 

@joy1 wrote:

I researched everything when my husband was diagnosed with lung cancer. Whatever I found and read sounded so positive but it ended up having no scientific evidence to back it up.   Some of the natural therapy products were tested by allot of scientists but riven not positive in combatting cancer.   The chemists analysed all the products I came up to use but they were incompatible with my husbands treatment plan.   The doctors analysed everything 

if it works for a very few it is a fluke.   I give him good food lots of love and follow the doctors.   I pray that every day he is with us he has a chance of being with us longer and a cure will be found   It affects everyone  in the family forever.   BUT try everything because no one knows.   

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.