Molly
Occasional Contributor

My Dad has recently been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic canc

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all your family. Take Care Molly    
0 Kudos
admin_one
Contributor

Just wanted to send my sincere condolences helplessdaughter. I also think it is a king gesture to decide to request donations instead of flowers. It is indeed a cancer that needs more recognition.  Just in case you are interested, Cancer Councilis developing some multimedia material to raise awareness on Pancreatic Cancer. If you think you want to get involved just send me a private message and I can give you mroe details.Best wishes.
0 Kudos
mihalo
Contributor

Hi sweetie, Oh I just know how you were feeling about your dad and I hope you got to have a talk to him so you could tell each other how much you love each other and how much you will miss each other. I was 15 when my dad died rapidly of liver cancer and he too was just a waife, and was halucinating, from memory it was the morphine. My dad also waited to see my sister for her 13th b'day. We lived with mum and he hadn't seen her. We went and saw him after school on a wed night and as my mum and I held him, we told him to go to sleep as he was so exhausted. He did, and never woke up. I am so pleased to this day we held him and we were the last people he saw.....that memory will live with me forever. I hope that next Tues is a wonderful celebration of his life and that you can laugh and cry about all the wonderful and funny things he did.   Lots of love and strength to you sweetie. Love Mihalo
0 Kudos
benlisecca
Contributor

Dear not so helpless daughter, there are tears in my eyes as I read your post and a ache in my heart that you had so much love for you dad and you had the opportunity to share his last days with him.  I'm so sorry that he has passed away and that this horrible disease has caused so much pain for you and your family.  My thoughts and love reach out to you and I hope that as tough as things are that you are able to remember him as Dad and smile and laugh about the great times and not let the cancer overshadow who he really was.  Thinking of youSharon
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.