My Mum has NSCLC

Not applicable

My Mum has NSCLC

Hi there, new to this site and am just after somewhere to chat and find people travelling a similar journey. My mum was diagnosed just over 12 months ago now, is on her 3rd type of Chemo (Tarceva, daily) and it would appear that the numerous tumours in her lungs are at the moment not growing (no change for 6 months now) I guess I want to know what to expect and what to prepare for.... I have a 2yr old and a 4yr old, and i'm also not quite sure what, if anything, I should be doing to prepare them. We havent told them anything as I dont think they are old enough to comprehend yet. We have been a little more open about death though, and we have read some age appropriate books together. I guess if anyone has been down the road of caring for someone with lung cancer, or has young children who have had to deal with a loved ones journey, I'd love to hear from you.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: My Mum has NSCLC

Hi Bek Sorry to hear about your mum, although that is good that the tumours are on hold for now. Regarding your children there is a lot of literature out there on how to help them understand. I am sure the cancer council would have some of it and also most social workers can get their hands on it. You could contact the social worker at the hospital or have a look on the cc website, there is all sorts of resources on there. Take care Julie
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.