My Mum has a terminal cancer

missbrookie
New Contributor

My Mum has a terminal cancer

My Mum was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer 11 months ago and my life has changed so much. She moved in with me and my 2 daughters for 7 months but became to sick to be at home. Now she is 2 hours away in a aged care home. I feel so lost, I dont know how to look forward to the future knowing whats coming. My friends dont understand as theyve never been through anything like this. My heart is breaking and I feel so alone 😞
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Not applicable

Re: My Mum has a terminal cancer

missbrookie....my heart goes out to you. pleas try and be strong, you cannot afford the mental torture to interfere with your own living standards. mum is in the best hands no matter what. life has many hurdles for us all, and this is one for mum and you, and it is you who has to stand above all the pain and heartache and enjoy mums time with you....i hope that make some sense. i know myself what tremendous pain news like this has on a persons mind, but it is part of the process, for want of a better terminology, that we have to face. how we face it is so important, and brookie you must stand to attention, face it head on, show mum and the family you are stronger than this pain, and you will conquer the damn thing....you must steel yourself. i am sure we all have faced a loss at some time, but for those who have not, it is a process. focus on the life not the death of the person, and try and recall the wonderful times shared between yourselves. celebrate your wonderful memories of mum and concentrate on those at all times. please understand we all know the pain you are experiencing and you are not alone. we are here for you, just like your immediate family and friends. i wish you much strength and will pray for you and mum and god bless. be strong, be determined to be a proud daughter. oxoxoxox.
0 Kudos
missbrookie
New Contributor

Re: My Mum has a terminal cancer

Thank you for your kind words. I am trying very hard, some days I am so strong and manage to keep it together other days I fall apart.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.