My everything is slipping away 😢

Crazy4u
New Contributor

My everything is slipping away 😢

My husband is a survivor, like seriously he has had so much thrown at him and he has done it all with a wonderful attitude. To quote him "It is what it is"

But this time I think the mongrel (or meningioma to be exact) has got him on the ropes. 

My husbands cancer story;

ALL survivor (diagnosed 4yrs of age)

Melonoma to the thigh complete excision 2015/6

NYE 2015 Life threatening Brain tumour found.

Jan 2016 brain tumour diagnosed as an "Anaplastic" (or rare malignant) Meningioma 

Nov 2016 brain tumours returned 

Jan 2017 operate on tumours, find now more aggressive. 

Feb 2017 ct chest reveals lung metastasis 

Feb 2017 MRI revealed brain tumour back already

told get affairs in order, good luck  after lungs diagnosed. Through research & pushing we tried Lutate & chemo now another just chemo after sudden decline in help just on 10 days ago. Things have not been good these past 4 or so days. Both of sleep deprived, he is now struggling to cough it is hard to manage & help 😢 Can't even remember where the others are bn 

have Ve tried to prepare kids best we can but only sommany thing you can say before. Squashing all hope before she lhome

5 REPLIES 5
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: My everything is slipping away 😢

I have no words, but a huge hug. xxx

love Emily

0 Kudos
Crazy4u
New Contributor

Thanks Emily

(funnily our daughters name)

looking back at my post I see I was literally falling asleep at the end of my desperate post. Thankfully the love of my life is still here with us but they are still working on getting meds right. So hard when all you can do is not enough 😢

0 Kudos
Katekat
Valued Contributor

How is your husband doing today @Crazy4u? And also, importantly, how are you?

Hoping all is well Heart

0 Kudos
Crazy4u
New Contributor

Thank you Kate for your email. Unfortunately I lost the love of my life last Wednesday morning (31st). I look back my post now & see the end didn't make sense I was so tired & upset that night. 

Thankfully he passed in his sleep in my arms in bed. I take comfort in this as he passed how he wanted. He was so strong until the very end never once complained. 

Now we are all just reeling and I am sure will be for a long time 

thank you also to Emily for your words of support earlier 

little_stitcher
Super Contributor

I'm so sorry.  Keep in touch, and don't forget to be gentle with yourself.  Lots of big hugs, Emily

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.