My partner recieving high dose chemo in hospital, no communication, struggling 3.5 hours away.

Bucknchooky
Occasional Contributor

My partner recieving high dose chemo in hospital, no communication, struggling 3.5 hours away.

My husband is in hospital 3.5 hours away his had high dose chemo and a stem cell transplant, we can't afford for me to stay down there.

But the catch is he is so unwell and doesn't get to message or call me very often. 

I have no no idea how he is and what is happening down there. I understand the nurses are busy, but I am struggling here  not knowing. 

I have tried ried to ring the ward, but no one answers, I even resorted tonight to emailing his hematology nurse tonight in hope they ring.

i am at the point of farming the kids out and sleeping in the car in the car park at the hospital just so I know what's going on.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: My partner recieving high dose chemo in hospital, no communication, struggling 3.5 hours away.

That must be so difficult.  Some hospitals have family residences or special rates on nearby hotels/motels- can you see if there is anything like that at your husband's hospital?  If you let me know which on he's in I'd be happy do to a bit of checking for you.  I hope you get some information soon.  Emily xx

0 Kudos
Bucknchooky
Occasional Contributor

Re: My partner recieving high dose chemo in hospital, no communication, struggling 3.5 hours away.

I can't I still need to work and deal with the kids at school. I spoke with his Drs today and he hadn't passed on any messages that I wanted to talk with them.. The depression with the cancer is making it hard and the drip of Iimformation he is giving which isn't quite right either. He got rather upset with me on the phone tonight because I explained what the Drs had told me, and he disagreed with what they said.
I just think cancer sucks and it's hard, and if it doesn't kill either of us, then we will go from there
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.