New to this.....

sm610
Not applicable

New to this.....

Hi I am new to this forum. My mum was recently diagnosed with lung cancer, with secondary's in the adrenal glands, stage 4. I lost my dad to cancer as a child so this has all come as a shock. I am hoping this forum can provide me with some support as I am travelling interstate to be with mum often, so finding it hard to see a counsellor. Thank you
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Re: New to this.....

Hi sm610, Welcome to Cancer Connections. We understand how important it is for you to be supported at this time and hope you will find the community of benefit. Thank you for introducing yourself to the community, you may be also interested in reading this recent post by another new member: www.cancerconnections.com.au/blog/why-im-here You may also be interested in looking at at our Carer Resources which provide a range of practical tips, strategies, information and relevant links for those caring for a partner, family member or friend with cancer.: www.cancerconnections.com.au/content/resources-carers If you require any assistance using the website, please do not hesitate to contact us at admin@cancerconnections.com.au Kind regards, Felix Cancer Connections Coordinator
0 Kudos
Mortisia
New Contributor

Roller coaster...this is just an overwhelming experience. I have the most beautiful daughter and grand daughter and the hardest part of this whole thing is the hurt I have caused to them. The pain is nothing the diagnosis is nothing, the battle, now that's where they hold me in warrior mode. Fight stand up get up poke that doctor,ask questions. Trials ...we don't know...medicine is not the God in this world. Miracles happen. My experience has taught me there are no guarantees in medicine. Death sentence is highly over rated. Don't live dying! Worry will give u nothing. Love is the single most important thing that u will see in the eyes of your children and those u love back! Hang in there back your self, I do believe in seeing everyone, every being that ever has been will be again. Hello have u seen the age and size of our universe...what do we know? It's fear that makes us more sick. It's fear that creates anxiety sadness ...throw it away. It is natural to die but it's not natural we should be constantly in fear. Scared? ...f yes but only of creating sadness. If I could make a day for u,I would give u a morning golden and new, .....give u a night steeped in moonshine. Dosent say anything about shitting the bed with fright and constantly sad. Grateful . That's where the fear subsides,by feeling so grateful we ever had the chance to see those beautiful eyes looking back. Battle on my fellow warriors we have a war . Overthrow the tyrant of fear. Smile. It will make all around u and u grateful. Kindest wishes
0 Kudos
Mortisia
New Contributor

Ooops sorry darling I was writing my own new to this....lol . But take it in anyway. Regards Mort xo
0 Kudos
Mortisia
New Contributor

I hope there is someone out there editing me.....ok here it is ...your mum has a very nasty cancer but there is always hope. My first advice to anyone is get your affairs in order. Go to a lawyer or they come to you. Get it out there Sweety. Then do what u can to make happy. Don't kill yourself trying to be there. Be there when u can. Smile. Tell happy stories. Hold hands. That's from a terminal mum. Dosent mean it's terminal... Good wishes and stay safe xxoo
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.