Please help - I think the end is near for my dad

Not applicable

Please help - I think the end is near for my dad

Hi there, I wasnt sure which forum to post this in :( Its mainly addressed at pepole who have lost loved ones to cancer. My dad is near the end of his journey, and my mum told me that today when she went home, he told her he felt "weird" but couldnt actually describe physically how he was feeling weird. He has been sleeping a lot more, has decreased his waking hours over the last 2 days significantly. Has anyone heard any terminal patient speak of feeling weird when the end is near? Please let me know if this makes any sense to you, I want to comfort my mum as we both found it alarming.. Thanks xoxoxox
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Mrs_Elton
Contributor

Re: Please help - I think the end is near for my dad

Seashell, I am sending you a private message, some people might prefer not to read what I have to say. Thinking of you and sending you strength. Jill
0 Kudos
chris_martin
Contributor

Hi there. I don't know if you know my story but my 83 ye old dad has oesophageus cancer and lives on his own 6hr train trip away. He has been here with me past 2 weeks and I am so lucky to be able to cook him meals and he is putting on a little weight(4weeks ago weighed45kg) but he is going home on Sat and then will be back to usual(not cooking as he is legally blind). But he said something strange to me yesterday when I asked him how he felt and he said"strange" and he couldn't describe what he meant. When he went to bed tonight I said Goodnight and he answered with "I.ll be here in the morning dead or alive". I know he is in a lot of pain and he never complains but I am beside myself as I think I know deep down he is near the end and I don't know how I will cope. I really feel bad for complaining as there are lots of people worse off than me but I thank God every day for this site. Good wishes for you and mum and dad xo Chris
0 Kudos
Rach_87
Occasional Contributor

Can you send me a message also..
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.