Post Op Breast Reconstruction How to Handle My Partner's Changed Body

brooklynmom
New Contributor

Post Op Breast Reconstruction How to Handle My Partner's Changed Body

I just saw my partners scars for the first time today. Her breast looked really odd to me. I smiled and said that they looked great, but they really didn't. I know they will settle soon and look better than they do right now. I will really miss her body before the surgery. I'm sad that she felt she needed reconstruction. I'm sorry to be sharing something so negative and weak, but where else do I tell someone that the new look impacted me? It's also just so hard to see the physical markers of all of these medical interventions. The map on the body of the pain and the difficulty of the past almost two years. I'm really tired. Tired of being strong. Just a low night. Tomorrow will be better. Thanks for listening.
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
maddie86
Contributor

Re: Post Op Breast Reconstruction How to Handle My Partner's ...

hey there its not a bad thing your writing in its an honest thing.. my boyfriend now has a colostomy bag and im just getting used to it.. its different from his old body but i knw it must bother him more than it bothers me.. i think only time can help with major body changes.. 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.