Sister's Lymphoma has progressed

kareh84
New Contributor

Sister's Lymphoma has progressed

My eldest Sister was diagnosed with Stage 3 NH lymphoma earlier this year. She's had chemo and scans showed what was there was going away. However; we've been told today that it has progressed and is now in her bone Marrow. They're doing a lumbar puncture in the morning to see if it's in the fluid around her spine / brain.

I'm also almost 13 weeks pregnant so while I'm thinking of my Sister and can't imagine what's going through her mind, this is just a lot. It's also the 3rd anniversary of our Mothers passing on Saturday so it's very quickly become a really shitty week.

I just wish there was more I could do for my Sister. I put happy, bright balloons in her room and pinned cards to the board as you're not allowed flowers. Have also been buying her any food or drink she's felt like and trash mage to read. I can't sleep tonight and have just had a big cry. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Sister's Lymphoma has progressed

Hi @kareh84 and welcome,

I hope the weekend wasn't too stressful for you Heart

I love that you have been putting up balloons and cards for your sister, so very lovely!! How did her lumbar puncture go?

I am going to send you an email as well with something else that I think would be of great benefit for you.

Do take care of yourself Heart

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.