Therapy for family

Patti
New Contributor

Therapy for family

Hi my names Patti and recently my father was diagnosed with advanced cancer. I was wondering if there is a therapy service for family or carers as I feel like there is so much that I'm not coping with and really feel like I need to talk to some one that is not other family going through the same thing and don't want to burden close friends.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Patti
New Contributor

Re: Therapy for family

* other family members
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Hi Patti, there is no specific counselling service for carers/family members of someone who has cancer. I recommend counselling, though, and I understand what it's like- there's no-one close enough to confide in who isn't just trying to cope with it themselves. Counselling is good for venting and learning how to cope without feeling like you're burdening anyone. love and hugs, Emily
0 Kudos
magagie
Occasional Contributor

Hi Patti, The cancer council does offer such services for people with cancer and those affected by a loved one with cancer. Have a look on their website there is so much they can help with they are amazing. I am also here if you need to vent 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.