Where to find Biohazard Cleaning Services in Tewantin to help a cancer patient

Lil88
New Contributor

Where to find Biohazard Cleaning Services in Tewantin to help a cancer patient

Hi everyone,

My ex husband has terminal cancer and is currently in the hospital. He can no longer receiving surgery or any other cancer treatment as his cancer has metastasis. He has lived alone for the last 12 years and refused any help. I don't live in Australia but I call him everyday and visited him when he was first diagnosed with cancer.

He has been renting a room from a family in Tewantin. Last week, he was taken to the hospital by the ambulance. His bedroom has been contaminated with blood and urine. The people he shares a house with have been asking me to be responsible for this. They have been complaining about how terrible the smell is and how unhealthy this has caused their family. They also want him to move out.

I have spent the last 8 days making phone calls and sending emails to many companies that deal with biohazard cleanups. One company responded and asked me to send pictures of the room. I live outside Australia and asked the people in the house to help taking picture - they refused to open his bedroom door , saying they wouldn't open it because they didn't want to get contaminated.

I also tried to get help from people who are called 'friends' & other family members (of his) but I am sure they are ghosting him (my ex husband). I love him dearly and do not want to give up.

Can anyone in here help me by sharing his/her experience? I only need to get to someone/business that can help removing his mattress and clean up the room? I am sure there are ways to get this done. 

I believe in helping others and there are still kind people out there.

2 REPLIES 2
Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Re: Where to find Biohazard Cleaning Services in Tewantin to help a cancer patient

Hi Lil,

Can you update us on the situation?  I see that Tewantin is in the shire of Noosa in Queensland.  I can check and look for biohazard cleaners In Noosa area to help you but just need to know if you've found a solution.

Regards

0 Kudos
Lil88
New Contributor

Re: Where to find Biohazard Cleaning Services in Tewantin to help a cancer patient

Hello Lampwork54,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. The solution has been found. 

I really appreciate your response.

Kindest Regards.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.