Wife to begin chemo

scaredinoklahom
New Contributor

Wife to begin chemo

Wife diagnosed with Stage 3 ovarian, and they found C in her neck, which makes it stage 4, chemo soon to begin, 6 treatments 21 days apart. I know patients experience side effects differently. I am her primary caregiver. I hope I have the strength to help her through this. We are in Oklahoma, USA.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
kiwibud
Occasional Contributor

Wife to begin chemo

Hi there and just know that since you are here seeking to get help and information shows how much you care.   That alone is so important to your partner.  My husband is trying so hard and as long as you are loving and dont forget to give out those hugs and kinds words of encouragement.  This is a tough time for both of you and your support will make the difference. It sounds like you are truly scared and that is normal.  I now try to realize that my husband is probably just as scared as I am but if you hold on to each other , your love and faith will get you through this most difficult time.  Each day is so important not to waste the good time.... don't get caught up in the trivial life issues.  It's wonderful to have someone to hold onto and give love and show affection during this time.    Hang in there and keep your faith and remember the power of love and what it can do. Sending my best to you and your wife..... Diane in Florida
0 Kudos
MissRen
Contributor

Wife to begin chemo

Hi. Sorry to hear you're scared and don't know what to expect. I had my first chemo session 6 days ago. I'm having chemo once a week every 21 days the radiation everyday for 5 weeks and finishing off with 3 more sessions of chemo. I found the first 2 days the hardest. very nauseous and terribly blocked up. Everyday day has been different. I do need regular rest periods, whether a lie down or a 1-2 hour sleep during the day. I've find I have to eat smaller than entree size meals during the day as i can't eat a regular meal.  You should take care that you eat regularly, my partner would very easily forget if i didn't remind him as our eating habits have changed at home. Best wishes to you and your wife
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.