Worst Feeling Ever!

Iyana271
Contributor

Worst Feeling Ever!

My best friend was diagnosed with bone cancer in 2017. It was so hard to believe that he had to go through such kind of disease that he had never expected. 

He got the diagnosis at the last stage so doctors said that there is no chance of survival. It was one of the worst news ever. His life suddenly stopped but he was still hoping for survival and went through so many treatments including chemo. But at last ever treatment failed. I felt really very bad for him as there was nothing left that I can do for him except standing beside him and looking him into so much pain. 

Now he is no more! It was the worst experience of my life watching my best friend dying with cancer.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
MerrillPatton
New Contributor

Re: Worst Feeling Ever!

You are incredibly brave. 

Can I ask, where you found the strength to make things as best they could be and stand strong by him? 

I am really sorry for your loss, and for asking.

0 Kudos
Iyana271
Contributor

Re: Worst Feeling Ever!

Well, It's not like that I was strong all the time watching him suffering like that. There were some times when I wanted to cry so hard, but sometimes things are not in our hands. When your loved one needs you the most then you'll have to gain enough courage to share his pain till the end no matter what.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.