father with suspected cancer

clovia
New Contributor

father with suspected cancer

hi all, well I don't know where to start so I will start at the beginning - 2 months ago my father went into the dr's to get a check up and flu shot. he told them that he gets hard of breathe some times. well of to get an xray and it turns out he has a tumour in the lung. 2 months on and they have found another tumour in the soft tissue of the hip. he has gone for a biopsy this week to find out if its cancer but the dr thinks he will go for kemo anyway he lives on the other side of aust to me with the rest of my family. my husband and I are looking at moving to be with him and my family during this time. I understand that its hard for him and everything that he's going though. I feel very angry right now with everything that we have gone through and what's to come (the part of not knowing and waiting is the hardest). Just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on how to handle this or any help from someone who's been through a similar issue
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.