hi I'm new -intorducing myself - carer of grade 4 lung cancer survivor

freemp
New Contributor

hi I'm new -intorducing myself - carer of grade 4 lung cancer survivor

Hi I'm new here. My husband was diagnosed with gr 3 NSCLC in Feb 2009. Recd chemo-radiation, however in Sept 2009 got the news that it had metastasized. Had multiple mets in liver, bones, adrenal and brain. Currently on Alimta - 3 weekly cycles. He is doing very well and he is fighting fit. We accept the diagnosis but not the prognosis.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
maddie86
Contributor

Re: hi I'm new -intorducing myself - carer of grade 4 lung ...

i think thats great he is fighting fit.. i often think if the cancer patient has the right mind frame they have the right way of doing it. My bf has stage four bowel cancer, he's doc said his prog wasnt good either, but he's kinda ignoring it and staying positive... i think if the person wants to die, and give up then they do.. best of luck xo
0 Kudos
freemp
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I believe that what you believe will come true. My husband is fighting fit, but often it is scary especially when the doctors think we are in denial and try to prepare us to accept the prognosis. We accept the diagnosis but believe we can impact on the prognosis.All the best for you and your partner.
0 Kudos
maddie86
Contributor

thank you.. just today i was speaking to a lady whos brother had cancer it got so bad he went into a coma.. they actually gave him chemo while he was in a coma and then they told her it was time to say goodbye.. she told me the next morning he was up eating breakfast... just proves that u dont really have to believe what they tell u.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.