my husband has stage 4 lung cancer

annonymous
New Contributor

my husband has stage 4 lung cancer

Hi, I am going through terrible times at the moment as a carer for my husband. he has small non cell lung cancer. he had his 2 nd round chemo just recently . his 1 st round chemo was successful and the cancerous cells had disappeared but it came back within a few weeks. the 2nd round is not working very well. As a family we are going through lots  of distress at the moment as I am feeling totally helpless. Anybody can share their experience and suggestions if they had survived it and what other treatment they used. I had been praying non stop to the almighty to help us.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: my husband has stage 4 lung cancer

Hello, so sorry about your husband having cancer. I know it’s such a hard time for you and your whole family. I had lymphoma last year and the treatment was very challenging but it has worked. It was the love and support of my family and friends that got me through. I hope the medical team can be successful in treating your husband. Sending you lots of prayers and love. 🙏💕 Linda G

0 Kudos
annonymous
New Contributor

Thank you so much for your prayers.🙏 Feeling very helpless at this moment. Its very hard to see your dear one suffering. Trying to stay strong and positive.

0 Kudos
Fiona1
New Contributor

Hello,

I am so sorry to hear about the pain that you are going through. My husband also has Stage 4 lung cancer. It began as stomach cancer in 2018 and spread from there. Like you, we have had ups and downs with the success of his treatment. He is currently undergoing chemotherapy and immunotherapy. We won't know how well his current treatment is going until his next PET scan in about five weeks. I understand that it is an extremely anxiety provoking and upsetting time. Recently, I have taken a step back from as many obligations as possible so that I have the time and mental space to care for my husband, our son and myself. I try to remain optimistic and make the most of our time together. Wishing you all the best. xx

0 Kudos
Wife84
Occasional Contributor

💜🙏
0 Kudos
annonymous
New Contributor

My husband passed away ultimately 2 months back fighting bravely till the last breath. The cancer had spready from the lungs and there were no treatment options left for him. He was transferred to Palliative care in the last 1 week. 

LindaG
Regular Contributor

Hello, so very sorry that you have lost your husband. I feel it’s so hard when you have so many memories of them suffering. I know that’s how I felt after my mum died after so much suffering. Just let your family and friends support you during this time of grieving. Love and prayers to you 🙏💕 Linda G

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.