Adrenal Cancer

Kylie_Cameron
Not applicable

Adrenal Cancer

Hi All, I'm new to blogging and to this site. I'm hoping to learn about anyone out there diagnosed with Adrenal Cancer. It's very rare and is basically tumors on the lungs. My sister-in-law was diagnosed 2 years ago while pregnant with their second child. My little niece was born by c-section at 27 weeks and 4 days after her being born my sister-in-law had surgery to remove a tumor off her adrenal glad. 6 months after that she was told it had spread to her lungs and now her liver. Has anyone ever heard of this type of cancer before and can anyone offer any advice?? Would love to hear from someone. Thanks
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Adrenal Cancer

Hi Kylie I haven't had adrenal cancer but I hope you get someone here that can help you. Welcome to the boards! Julie
0 Kudos
Lange
Occasional Contributor

I wrote a thing on adrenal cancer but it doesn't show this says I started this topic but my post does not show . What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
Jules2
Super Contributor

Lange ... sometimes the servers are slow and maybe your post is not saving before you exit the page? Not sure really and Felix is probably the best person to ask as to what is going on 🙂
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Everyone, If a comment does not appear on a thread, it may be that someone has replied to an auto-generated notification email from the website rather than the actual discussion post or thread on the website itself. If this is not the case and you think your post or comment has not appeared for any other reason then please email us at: admin@cancerconnections.com.au Kind regards, Felix Cancer Connections Coordinator
0 Kudos
Terrafirma
Contributor

Hi Kylie, Here's a couple of suggestions for additional places to go on the internet in search of information and support relating to adrenal cancer. You can read about adrenal cortical cancer and its treatment on the American Cancer Society website in their section "Adrenal Cortical Cancer" at www.cancer.org/cancer/adrenalcorticalcancer/index and on the USA's National Cancer Institute's website in their section "Adrenocortical Carcinoma" at www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/types/adrenocortical. The Facebook group "Adrenalcortical Carcinoma - Adrenal Cancer" at www.facebook.com/groups/AdrenalcorticalCarcinoma/ currently has 902 members. It can be a tough battle when cancer spreads and I hope your sister-in-law is doing okay. Cheers - Ed.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.