Colorectal Cancer Symptoms

VV18
New Contributor

Colorectal Cancer Symptoms

Hello, 

im 18 years old and have blood and mucus when I go to the bathroom and most strange of all is my stool is a light clay colour I’m bloated and have abnormal amounts of gas, my bloods came back completely normal, no anemia and no inflammatory markers. My GP is not at all concerned it’s cancer she says I’m far to young, but due to my concern she’s sending me for a colonoscopy and an ultrasound. 
I feel awful posting about this but it’s keeping me up at night, my dad passed away from colorectal cancer back in 2019 and seeing what he went through terrifies me. 
do my symptoms match colon cancer? 

3 REPLIES 3
sch
Super Contributor

Re: Colorectal Cancer Symptoms

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.

Your GP is probably right, and it's probably unlikely to be cancer. But you never know and it's great that your GP is listening to you.  It still definitely should be followed up on. You shouldn't have blood in your stool.

I don't know what it is that you're feeling awful about.  Feel free to chat anytime about what ever you want. We talk about a lot of shit around here (Sorry - pun intended).

The link below contains some information on common bowel cancer symptoms (the ones you've provided I don't see listed there, to be honest),  but also includes some information for yourself in being prepared to talk to your GP.

Good luck and please let me know how you go!!!

-s

https://www.bowelcanceraustralia.org/symptoms?gclid=CjwKCAiAl4WABhAJEiwATUnEF4y6As0pI1UwnAzznVCBVejf...

MyheroCoolSpy
Frequent Contributor

Try having a second opinion from a different doctor just to be sure.
VV18
New Contributor

Hi! 
thank you so much for your kindness and reply!

I’ve had a Abdominal Ultrasound that showed nothing abnormal and a stool test that also came back more or less normal, my next test is a Cat Scan on Wednesday and I’m still waiting for the Gastroenterologist to contact me about a colonoscopy. 
my bloods are still completely ideal and normal.

I just wanna have this Cat scan done so I can cross cancer off the possible causes! it’s playing havoc on my mind! 
Once again thank you so much for your reply! I hope your well! 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.