Helping a friend that’s terminal that lives alone

J2312
Occasional Visitor

Helping a friend that’s terminal that lives alone

Hi All, 

we have a friend who lives alone, he is terminal. Apart from my husband & I and the mother of his children & his children - no one else goes & visits him. 
we don’t mind by any means but I’m wondering what we can do or if there is any help out there to keep him comfortable or some tips for food options etc or any tips really. 

Thankyou and Bless ❤️

3 REPLIES 3
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Helping a friend that’s terminal that lives alone

Hello @J2312 ,

Sorry to hear about your friend, I am so glad he has yourself and your family ❤️

May I suggest you give 13 11 20 a call and they might know of some services around your friend that could assist?

Is he undergoing any treatment still?

-Kate

0 Kudos
PeterK
Contributor

J2313

Hi Sorry to hear about your friend is there anything around like meals on wheels or a charity that may provide inexpensive or free cooked meals, just a thought??

kind Regards & Best Wishes 🌺🌺🌺

0 Kudos
alucca
New Contributor

You do not say specifically what disease he has but consult his diet and beneficial foods from his doctor. Also, give him a spiritual life, come to his house often or let him participate in many activities with family and friends, it is a very good way for him to forget that he is sick. Don't mention his illness, treat him as a normal healthy person and do things that are good for his health unknowingly.

mapquest driving directions

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.