Hope to find some answers

Martine
New Contributor

Hope to find some answers

Hi everyone, As well as hoping to find some answers on this site, it is my hopes too that i may be able to help others through my experiences. It will be nice to be able to talk to people who are going through similar experiences, i know that there may not be much that i can do to help, but if listening counts, then i am here. thanking everyone in advance.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
edie
Occasional Contributor

Re: Hope to find some answers

Hello Martine You said you would are hoping to find some answers here. What is your situation and what kinds of questions do you have that people might be able to help you with?
0 Kudos
Martine
New Contributor

Re: Hope to find some answers

Hi Edie, My husband has just finished BCG treatments for bladder cancer. Although we have been told that the cancer has gone, we have been told that the pain will be there for life as the valve in the bladder was damaged. To me, the doctor seems unconcerned that pain will be a "normal" part of life, and my husband will be on pain medication for the rest of his life. I have done some research and have found medical articles that show that surgery can be done to, "fit" a new valve. my question is, is there anyone out there that has had a similar problem, with a damaged valve and is there any chance that my husband can have a pain free life. I fail to see that doctors now can give you a new heart, new lungs etc, but they can't put in a new valve in the bladder... Many thanks.
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.