Lung Cancer.... it's just gone

Not applicable

Lung Cancer.... it's just gone

Hi, I have just joined this forum on behalf of my father as he said 'I want to post my journey with as many people as possible so that others may be able to draw on my opportunity of a second chance' Please see his story below and NEVER GIVE UP Today, Friday 13th August is the first day of the rest of my life. I need to share this with anyone that wants to listen of my journey since Sept 2009. A heavy smoker and drinker since I was 18 years of age I contracted non small lung cancer and was given six to twelve months to live. My cancer was stage four, non operable . I am 60 years of age, married of 40 years ,two sons and seven grandchildren, I accepted my prognosis but not the outcome. After our initial shock we then took a stock take on life and broke it up into events, Christmas was first, it came and went, then my 60th followed six months later by the birth of our newest granddaughter and then the opportunity to return home, Rabaul, Papua New Guinea, where we have lived for twenty years. While I have managed to retain as much of normality as I could during Radiation and Chemo Therapy I have always continued to hope, pray, beg for an opportunity to be given a second chance in life. I had no bargaining power other than being an honest and hard working man most my life and generally my life has been mostly about me. Today I have been told my cancer has gone, not in remission, but gone. Why?. Is there a purpose I have been given this chance, is there something I have done to rid it, has the Oncology and Radiology hit the spot. I have no other purpose of sharing this with you other than it would be a thrill to think it has helped others. Both the Oncologist and Radiologist have used the words, amazing, miracle, never seen such a dramatic change in a Cancer. Is it a Miracle, I do not know. Every day I prayed to Sister Mary Mackillop and now find that I have friends who have done the same for me. I am a Freemason and have asked the Great Architect of the Universe for help and guidance. I have no religious domination but believe in a supreme person. (God) I pushed myself both physically and mentally I had love and support from Family and friends I never gave up and never let it take over my mind. I started work again after the Chemo I have a special friend who gave me a clear quartz crystal, I have carried it everyday I have pure’ asparagus three times a day. No other special diet I have had excellent treatment through a public hospital. I do not know if one or all is the answer, but to experience what I have to day it is worth the effort. This is not a hoax but is written from heart. I seek no rewards. Brian Martin Rabaul Papua New Guinea Can I also please thank the team from the Cairns Hospital
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
vinouche
Contributor

Re: Lung Cancer.... it's just gone

Thank you for your story, it certainly gives one hope that miracle do happen, I am very happy for you and who knows I may follow your footsteps, I certainly am trying. It is so nice to see good news likke this. Once again thank you. S
0 Kudos
maddie86
Contributor

Re: Lung Cancer.... it's just gone

that does give hope.. 🙂
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.