Lymphoma Diagnosis for my dad today!

I_love_my_dad
Not applicable

Lymphoma Diagnosis for my dad today!

It has been confirmed today that my dad has Lymphnoma! As to what type has yet to be determined. Within a week he had gone from an 80% chance of having it and having all the mandatory test to 100% today. He was supposed to have more tests next Friday but it has been discovered that it is more advanced than first predicted. Apparently it is in his neck, his shoulders and his lower back. From what I have gathered he has been fast tracked to having a biopsy. I'm still trying to process everything but need re assurance that he's going to be alright! He is my hero and the reason I'm the person that I am today! I want my children (14, 11 and 2 1/2) to be able to live, laugh, learn and grow wit him past adulthood. I'd really appreciate any incite that you can give me and please don't hold back as I need to be able to prepare myself so that I can be there for him. A week ago he said that if he was diagnosed with Lynphnoma he was ready to fight it. Today I had to vow to him that if he was ready to fight Id stand right beside him and help him fight. I don't think it was the outcome either of us were really prepared for....,,,.,
2 REPLIES 2
Yacht_Anoora

Re: Lymphoma Diagnosis for my dad today!

Yesterday my husband got his diagnosis of lymphoma.e Diffuse B-Cell Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma/ Chemo starts this week. Like you, we expected it would be ïndolent". Hope you all had a reasonable journey through the treatment, Wishing you all, all the best as we start on our journey. About 20 years ago, I survived aggressive breast cancer. Lotta luck involved, as well as best treatment.

Cheers
Marie
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: Lymphoma Diagnosis for my dad today!

Hi! I just thought I'd drop you a line of encouragement- my husband was diagnosed with stage 4 Follicular lymphoma 5 years ago, when he was 39, and now he's healthier than ever.   He even cycles up mountains! (He took up cycling 2 years ago, and is absolutely hooked.- he's done Around the Bay in a Day twice, and cycles up Mount Hotham, Mt Baw Baw etc with some friends.) 

It will be tough, but there is a lot of help and resources available for him and you - take advantage of them.  Joining this community is a great step, too.  I wish you both all the best.  love and hugs, Emily

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.