My dad has liver cancer - long waits and high costs leading to delays - need advice

FionaL
Not applicable

My dad has liver cancer - long waits and high costs leading to delays - need advice

Hello all, I am so sorry, I have not had a chance to read and to come straight in asking questions makes me feel so selfish. My dad had an ultrasound and CT on 27/1 with finding of 1 large liver lesion and 'multiple metastases'. Delays in gaining appointments as a public patient, it has taken until now to have at least an MRI, still awaiting colonoscopy/endoscopy. Hos MRI shows a cirrhotic liver with a 5.5cm lesion left lobe (likely HCC LIRADS4), another 3.3cm HCC right lobe and multiple smaller nodules both lobes. Follow up with surgeon today and now cannot mpve forward until colonoscopy and thrn liver biopsy. Even privatr colonoscopy has a wait list. By the time all of this is done, it will likely be 4 months since initial imaging! I don't know where else to turn? ? Is there any way to get these tests sooner?
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: My dad has liver cancer - long waits and high costs ...

Hi Fiona I can't answer your question but hopefully in replying that someone else will be able to jump in and help you out. So very sorry that you are going through these delays. It is stressy enough without added stress from frustrating and worrying delays. Julie xo
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.