Newbie here for support and advice

Mystik73
Occasional Contributor

Newbie here for support and advice

Hi everyone . I stumbled across this site while browsing the internet , and im glad i did. My family has been cursed with this disease, and its taking its toll. I hope to chat and get some advice ,someone to just listen to me as i will for you all . Please feel free to add me , have a chat look forward to meeting you all Love light and rainbows Mystik
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
The_Rowan
Contributor

Re: Newbie here for support and advice

Welcome aboard Mystik. You have stumbled across the perfect website for those of us on the cancer journey (sufferers, carers, family & friends alike). This is a place to ask questions, vent your frustrations and offer support to others who understand what you are going through and the roller coaster of emotions that can be experienced. The Rowan
0 Kudos
Mystik73
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much . Im glad im here and am looking forward to getting to know you all
0 Kudos
GN1951
Not applicable

Hello, I wonder if anyone out there has a situation like mine? I've been caring 24/7 for my husband 73 yrs old tomorrow diagnosed with terminal GBM Nov 2011. I'm in early 60's and also caring for my granddaughter now 15. I was made her legal guardian several years ago. My granddaughter isn't coping with my husband dying and so as well as having his personality changes and duties to attend to, to keep him as happy and comfortable as possible, there is her mental health to consider plus juggling appointments and other commitments for both of them. I do well sometimes and I'm not looking for 'oh you poor thing' but lately am getting the familiar feeling of 'I'm falling apart and cope cope with this much longer, and how long can this go on?" I'm not impressed with man made religious organisations but I believe strongly in God and know He's there for me/us and a I did a Mindfulness Course last year at CancerCare which I highly recommend to anyone - though the only part I do every day is the breathing - and not for any length of time...Even this small thing helps enormously but I know I'm getting run down again. Money's becoming a big concern. Recently diagnosed with Hashimotos (auto immune disease) I take the medication and push myself to dress nicely, put makeup on when we go out to keep my spirits/self esteem up. People say 'Oh, you look lovely' or 'Your husband looks really well' not having a clue what's going on naturally. Anyway, what do others do when they feel like they're falling apart?
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.