No other treatment options available...anyone heard about SourSop??

Win
Occasional Contributor

No other treatment options available...anyone heard about SourSop??

Hi everyone I need some advice/information. Hubby has been battling LC since 2010. The cancer has metastasized to his brain, some bones (which is stable), they think liver, and lower abdomen muscles. One of his lungs has also collapsed which is pulling his heart to the left. He has had both chemo and immunotherapy and has now been told treatment is no longer a viable option as things have progressed to far. His doctors have said he has just months left.....2? 6? 12? they wouldn't say, they just used the words months... He has been on the internet on his good days and has told me about this herbal treatment called SourSop. Apparently you make a tea from the leaves and eat the fruit, and this helps your body fight the cancer cells... Has anyone heard anything about this? or is it all internet based fairy tales? Appreciate any feedback anyone has on this....it all seems a little to good to be true
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Re: No other treatment options available...anyone heard ...

Hi Win, I'm sorry to say this is probably just a fairytale (to make a profit?). If soursop really was effective, Oncologists would prescribe it. On the other hand, anything is worth trying (it can't hurt, right?), just make sure you're not being charged a lot of money for it, and check the expected side effects. It's probably also wise to check if and how it will interact with the medication your husband has already had, or is having. I wish you and him all the best. love Emily. xx
0 Kudos
Win
Occasional Contributor

Re: No other treatment options available...anyone heard ...

Thanks Emily
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.