Treating pain/anxiety/cancer with CBD

Charlieburman
Occasional Visitor

Treating pain/anxiety/cancer with CBD

Hello, My grandad has cancer, he is about 77, he is taking zapain (codein) all day and also taking clonazepam at night before bed to help him sleep. He has not had any chemotherapy yet and is yet to have a biopsy to find out exactly what type of cancer it is. I was wondering whether CBD oil at this stage will help him in any way and if anyone has any information on it could they please let me know as he is interested and would love to find out more. Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
iloveyoudearly7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Treating pain/anxiety/cancer with CBD

Hi there Charlieburman,

CBD oil is currently legal within Australia but with prescription from my understanding. Many people have appraised the item for it's more natural properties, calming effects and analgesic aspects - I have heard many individuals speak highly of this alternative treatment. Positive calming effects without the *high* feeling - it is not considered an psychoactive like alcoholic for example. It is effective as an chronic pain treatment by blocking the messages from getting through. CBD oil is useful from mild anxiety to crippling depression - according to a published study by the Brazilian Journal by Psychiatry. People suffering from social anxiety disorder strongly benefit from CBD. CBD Oil Benefits - The Cannabis Company - https://cannabiscompany.com.au/blogs/news/cbd-use-benefits

Please Note: Hemp Seed Oil which is created from the marijuana's seeds only. Does not have the same medicinal benefits and is not the same as CBD oil. CBD oil is created from the flowers, the leaf and some of the plant's stalk. 

Mamamia - Cannabis oil and CBD - https://www.mamamia.com.au/cannabis-oil-australia/

"To get your head around the difference between CBD oil products, which are used medicinally, and marijuana, most often used, erm, recreationally, Weller explained they contain different levels of two completely different compounds."

"There are around 500 compounds in cannabis and they all have some kind of benefit. The two major cannabinoids (compounds secreted in the cannabis plant) are: cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)," he said.

"CBD has medical properties and THC is the cannabinoid that has psychoactive properties - people who use cannabis recreationally will use a product high in THC to experience a 'high'. CBD also doesn't seem to have the same addictive properties as THC. It's not black and white, but you don't have that euphoric effect straight after taking."

Potential Side-effects but everyone different:

• Changes in appetite
  • Diarrhea
  • Dizziness
  • Drowsiness
  • Dry mouth
  • Nausea
  • Anxiety
  • Bloating
  • Vomiting

All of the above symptoms are generally mild and dose-dependent and tend to resolve within 2 to 4 hours. But, it is best to consult a doctor if any of these symptoms are noticed.

Benefits:  https://thecannabisradar.com/cbd-oil/benefits/

• Relieve Pain - CBD with THC especially
  • Reduce Anxiety/Depression
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Arthritis & Inflammation
  • Migraines
  • Nausea
  • ADHD
  • Alleviate Cancer-related Symptoms
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.