hello from a newby

jane
Not applicable

hello from a newby

Hello everyone, new to this :) Partner was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 bowel cancer with secondary lung,liver and bone cancer. Chemo is knocking him around alot. Just wanted to say hello
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SILLY
Super Contributor

Re: hello from a newby

Welcome to the site ,Jane. It looks as though you and your partner are going through an especially bad time . The cancer seems to be in so many parts of his body. I think you will get support here.
0 Kudos
johnrp1964
Occasional Contributor

Hi there Jane and welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of the bad news for both your partner and yourself. I know from my own experience that hearing others say sorry doesnt make much difference when all you want is for the damn thing to go away so you can resume normal life. I was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer but am not experiencing too many side effects of it as yet, probably as I haven't started chemotherapy. The worst I've been through so far is the change of medication for another condition I have. I started that yesterday and its really hit me hard. Feel free to share what you feel with all of us here. I havent been here for a while but intend to make it online daily now. Will be thinking of both you and your partner so keep me updated on how things are going for you both. John
0 Kudos
johnrp1964
Occasional Contributor

Hi there Jane and welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of the bad news for both your partner and yourself. I know from my own experience that hearing others say sorry doesnt make much difference when all you want is for the damn thing to go away so you can resume normal life. I was recently diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer but am not experiencing too many side effects of it as yet, probably as I haven't started chemotherapy. The worst I've been through so far is the change of medication for another condition I have. I started that yesterday and its really hit me hard. Feel free to share what you feel with all of us here. I havent been here for a while but intend to make it online daily now. Will be thinking of both you and your partner so keep me updated on how things are going for you both. John
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.