Courage

Bob63
Occasional Contributor

Courage

My wife passed away on June 7th, since then I have pretty much been driving myself crazy. To sum it up I really just didn’t want to live any more (I am not suicidal) just having a hard time finding a reason to go on. Our house is quite cluttered; we’ve lived here for over 30 years. The other day our window air conditioner quit working (it’s an old house) I had it plugged into a breaker box in the house. To get to it I had to move my wife’s computer. One of the things I found next to her computer was a small emblem of a Mickey Mouse Wizard hat from Disneyland, she really like going there with our daughter. It had one word on the bottom of it, “Courage” she kept that near her, her bed was next to her computer. That’s what she had lots of courage, she knew she was going to die and yet she never gave up. I have finally found mine in her. I still don’t know what I am going to do with my life, but I am not going to give up either.

I wish you all well.

Bob

1 REPLY 1
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Courage

Hi Bob, how special that you found your wife’s hat with Courage written on it. It was meant to help you for sure.  One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. You are moving forward. It’s ok not to know what lies ahead. One day you will. There’s no rush.  🙏💕Linda

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.