Grieving

Zen
Visitor

Grieving

Hi I’m Zen,

3 days ago I lost my husband from stage 4 colon cancer and it’s was metastasis. In June I had lumpectomy and had one month radiation treatment.

One after my husband was diagnosed with colon cancer, he had 9 months chemo and one 15 minute radiation treatment. Not looking forward to his final farewell next Fri.

Very hard, no words can explain the feeling of loosing someone. We were together for 16 years

3 REPLIES 3
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: Grieving

Dear @Zen,

I am very sorry for your loss. Sixteen years is a long time to share each other's lives. I hope that you are surrounded by loving support on Friday. 

Thank you for reaching out to this Online Community. We are here for you.

Please get in touch with our Information and Support line consultants on 131120 if you would like support in relation to your own diagnosis and treatment.

Kind regards,

Margaret

Online Community admin team

0 Kudos
Tom123
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Tom123
Occasional Contributor

Hey Zen. Im not sure what Im doing on here. I never use public forums for talk but I saw your post and felt I wanted to quickly say something. I hope your doing ok.  I just lost my younger brother to the exact same thing. Stage 4 colon cancer that spread to his liver. He was only 30. Our situations our different but the sadness I am feeling is a feeling I never knew existed and I know In some way how you may be feeling. If you wanna have a few little conversations it might help us both. If not all good and I hope your ok. Tom.

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.