Help for those grieving or how to help prepare your family.

Noemi

Help for those grieving or how to help prepare your family.

Hey everyone,

Im new and this is my first post. My grandmother had stage 2 breast cancer 8 years ago and beat it but she is due for her check up to see if she is still in remision so I have not been feeling great. I think everyone can sympathize with the equal feelings of hope and fear that come right before these appointments.  I was struggling but I found this article and it really helped so I wanted to share it. It gives practical advice on how to help prepare for the possibility of grief or how to cope if you are already grieving. Hopefully it will help everyone else as much as it helped me. I am a Jehovah's Witness so the hope found in the bible is always very comforting but sometimes we need more immediate step by step help to deal with and face issues like this. You can find the article "coping with grief today "on jw.org.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/awake-no3-2018-nov-dec/coping-with-grief-do-today/

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Katekat
Valued Contributor

Re: Help for those grieving or how to help prepare your family.

Thanks for sharing these tips @Noemi!

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.