Its time to say goodbye

jodielee12
Contributor

Its time to say goodbye

Its finally time to say goodbye to my beautiful sister. i will be seeing her tomorrow for the last time and i am unsure how to feel or what to say. its been a very long haul for her and its time for her to have some peace. I feel for her children, grandchildren, husband, her mum and us her siblings. we are all feeling like shit, to put it bluntly. all the family will be together this weekend so that will be a help in some sort of way. Linda this poem was given to me my a very special friend and its time to share it with you all: HOLD ON when troubles assail you HOLD ON when pressures surround you, HOLD ON When skies turn to gray and you can't find your way, When the outlook seems darkest, HOLD ON Whenever you're lonely, HOLD ON Whenever you're weary, HOLD ON For God is near you To guide and cheer you When you reach for this hand HE WILL HOLD ON.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
harker
Frequent Contributor

Re: Its time to say goodbye

Thanks for sharing the poem, Jodielee12. I am having similar insights about my own life these days. I don't feel alone when I talk to God. H
0 Kudos
jodielee12
Contributor

Re: Its time to say goodbye

My sister was diagnosed in March 2010 with Peritoneal Mesoth.. and sadly passed away on Friday. She fought a huge battle after having 2 lots of breast cancer then this. she was so strong and gave herself goals all the way. she spent some time in hospital and stayed at home for most of it. She tried chemo right up to the end. On Thursday night she had tickets to the Beach Boys and she went. It upset her she could not climb the steps and had to be carried but she got over that. Sadly she got blood clots in her leg and ended up in hospital on Monday. We got a call on Thursday to say she was not seeing visitors so we heading to Perth. I did not go straight to see her as it was very late, choosing to visit Friday morning. We received a call to say she had a turn for the worst at 7.10. We jumped in the car but sadly she passed away just before we got there. It was a huge shock as we did not expect it so soon. After the shock I went in to see her and I was able to smile and give her a hug as she had no more pain and she looked so peaceful. My sister should be an inspiration to all cancer patients. She had so much fight in her. After each chemo she would walk out and book a trip to Bali, her favourite place. She would come back ready for the next round. Her funeral is set for the 24th and this will be a big day but I can assure you she will be sent off with the strength and dignity she deserves. Linda
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.