Lung cancer wife passed

Frankv
New Contributor

Lung cancer wife passed

Wife passed on 1/10/23.  Got pneumonia. She had stage 4 lung cancer to the bones. We fought for a year. Nodule found it 2018. Bad doctor keep saying oh we ct it every year. They hardly ever turn to cancer. So 18/18/20 was not cancer. Then in 21  orders biopsy. Now a stage 4  in the plueral space very bad. It may be true lots people who have smoked get nodules in there lungs. But with her history of smoking up till 06  when she got thur bladder cancer  it should been removed. In 18.  Had surgery moffitt cancer Tampa fl 1/22 but it had entered the fluid.  So now my wife of 50 years is gone. I can’t stop the grieving. Lost scared emptyness horrible nites. I miss her so so much. We were very close. 

1729941B-B3EA-4EC2-8CE1-794FEA5EAEF6.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
LindaG
Regular Contributor

Re: Lung cancer wife passed

Hi Frankv, so sorry that you lost your beautiful wife to cancer. Such a lovely photo of her💕. Being with her for 50 years is amazing and it must be so hard now. Hope you have friends and family who can support you and understand your grief. No words can help. Just letting you know I’m sorry 💕. Linda G

Frankv
New Contributor

Thank you Linda  I just hope and pray I can find my way forward. I am so sad and lost right now. 

myke49
New Contributor

I have no answers but want you to know I can feel what you are saying.  I have been married myself for many years and would be lost without her.  I have muscle invasive bladder cancer myself so it would seem I will probably leave this world before she does.  That's a good thing for me.  I think she is much stronger than me and will be OK.  I pray that you have some friends and family that can hold on to you and keep you safe until you have time to process it all and hopefully find some peace.  

Frankv
New Contributor

Thank you. It’s horrible !! 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.