Reeling from the loss of my mum

TQ
New Contributor

Reeling from the loss of my mum

So my mum lost her battle with pancreatic cancer at 1.44am today, surrounded by her four kids. I am reeling from it. She was ony diagnosed with the cancer in January and 4 months later she is gone. Mum was just tired when we visited her yesterday morning. But then got the call from the hospital at 9pm that her blood pressure had fallen and the end could be coming.

Just feel like there was no time to really come to terms with the cancer and while we knew it was terminal still not quite prepared for how fast the end came. Now I have lost both parents to cancer within 6 years of each other.

We are trying to console ourselves that she went before the cancer progressed and got any worse and she is no longer in pain and reunited with Dad.

3 REPLIES 3
Margaret_CCNSW
Contributor

Re: Reeling from the loss of my mum

Dear TQ,

Please accept our condolences at this sad time for your family. I'm sure that with her four children there with her, your mum felt very loved. Do take care of yourself and each other and please let us know at Cancer Council if we can support you further.

Thinking of you,

Margaret

Online Comunity admin team

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

TQ condolences on the loss of your Mum.

0 Kudos
kj
Super Contributor

TQ Sincere condolences on the loss of your Mum .

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.