Breast Cancer destroyed my life and my families this week

Tommi
New Contributor

Breast Cancer destroyed my life and my families this week

I don’t want to have cancer or a bilateral mastectomy and therapy but it’s that or I die. 

This will ruin trajectory of my teen sons life. Don’t want others to know or be a sympathy fest.

Dont want to wake up tomorrow😪😪😪😪

Angry, sad....lifeless.

5 REPLIES 5
Tommi
New Contributor

Re: Breast Cancer destroyed my life and my families this week

Unfortunately I woke up...welcome to my last days before the horror story begins and life ends as I know it. My poor family.

Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi Tommi,

Welcome to this online community.  It's a great spot to let your feelings out.  

Nobody wants to go through this shit called cancer, but unfortunately, it happens.  We all get angry & sad, frustrated & looking for something to blame it on, but believe it or not, it's not the end of  the world.  Life does go on, especially for our loved ones.  Your son's life has changed, not necessarily been ruined.  Talk about it with him now & as things progress.    

I am grateful for each & every day I wake up, because it means I have another day to share with my family.  It's a matter of perspective.  Find positive things in your days instead of looking at all the negatives.  Even if there is only 1 positive thing.  Sometimes there are just too many negatives & if that's all you focus on then depression can quickly set in.  Remember there are people to download to as well.  Use them!  🙂

I  wish you & your family the best.

Budgie

Kim74
Occasional Contributor

💕
0 Kudos
Tam22
New Contributor

Hi

We sound very much the same I hate that look of symphany people give you.  I find in so hard to face another day but know I have to for my kid sake.  I have told I need a mastectomy and am totally petrified so unfortunately I can't say anything to make you feel better but know that you are not alone, apparently we will get through this well so I'm told 

0 Kudos
Tam22
New Contributor

Hi

We sound very much the same I hate that look of symphany people give you.  I find in so hard to face another day but know I have to for my kid sake.  I have told I need a mastectomy and am totally petrified so unfortunately I can't say anything to make you feel better but know that you are not alone, apparently we will get through this well so I'm told 

0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.