Endometrial cancer

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Re: Endometrial cancer

Hi Lampwork 

I have a song you can dance to for celebrating your milestone. It's not a fast swinging rockabilly but a happy for tapping tune you can whistle to.

A song for people dancing with cancer

I'm still awaiting my first milestone. Coming Wednesday ! Yay !

It's good that you are still making beads. I've been keeping busy with playing music. I had a big day yesterday, having to set up some new microphone booms and stands. I started recording some tunes last night. It's funny how I can play a piece perfectly, but after clicking the record button, I can't play for shit. I spent hours trying to get it right but only getting rubbish. I think I need to approach it from a fresh start this morning without the stress.

I had to take my dogs out to the lounge last night. I didn't realise it when recording. Cavaliers are notorious sleepers. When I played back one of my attempts, I could hear Lucy snoring in the background. Saboteur.

I slept well last night. About 10 hours. Must have been exhausted. I'm getting more active and yesterday was quite busy. As today will be too. It's good to rest normally.

And well done for finding all the Elton John songs yesterday. I played few Elton songs on guitar yesterday. Goodbye yellow brick road is a tough one. Lot's of changes and a very wide vocal scope. Which is good, it exercises my lungs it sustain the high notes. Wierd thing though, since surgery, I get hiccups at the weirdest times. My diaphragm is a little stressed or perhaps lazy. It's actually funny when you hiccup while singing.

Ciao

Phil

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hi Lampwork 

Elton John fans click here

Laughter is the best medicine .

Cheers

Phil

0 Kudos
Lehiatus
Contributor

Love it Phil! Though I think I’ve missed one and could only find 14. My Elton knowledge is probably lacking, 

as he was a second or third to the Beatles in our house, and anything from George Harrison, John or Paul. I think Ringo was sadly skipped over- his song writing ability was frankly pretty poor in comparison (sorry Ringo!) My Da was a drummer and singer in his pre-suit years so music in every form is in our veins. Guy used to drive me mental playing spoons at the table at dinner time. . and embarrass the hell out of me when friends came around, singing making dinner. Now I get to do the same to our boy- such evil joy!! 

Python was religious viewing in our place too (what a pun!) followed by Fawlty Towers, Kenny Everett, and The young ones-basically anything British.

I’m trying to wean the five year old off Frozen and onto Life of Brian but he’s having none of it. I’m a Brit kid (parents/grandparents and whole clan are from the Midlands) which strangely has helped with dealing with the big C. Our default position is to laugh, banter and brush off anything in life with caustic wit. My Aussie background friends look at me like I’m mental when I say ‘it’s better than a slap in the face with a wet fish’- damn you Da! Damn you! 

The anaphylaxis sounds grim, I can’t imagine it- but do have a lip swelling/gut exploding intolerance to seafood so feel for you. I wouldn’t exactly pass out, but I may liquify my bowels and cease to exist. 

the only up side is... um, no hangovers or food poisoning from dodgy oysters. I’m reaching. Some things just suck.

you know what doesn’t suck though? Sundays. Sundays are good! Hope you’re having a great weekend! 

Lampwork54
Regular Contributor

Hi Phil,

Good job recording your songs.  That's a great thing to do.  "When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle.  This'll help things turn out for the best.  Always look on the bright side of life." 

Good advice.  Exercising lungs is important too. 

My grandson has king charles cavalier that has lived with its throughout its life backwards and forwards so we're quite attached to her.  Definitely a snorer!  

I haven't made any beads after that initial day.  I am really going to  have to push myself to get back to it.   I'm listening to a book I had read about 2-3 years ago.  It's called - One hundred days of happiness by Fausto Brizzi.  The book hasn't changed but I have.  I have now understood the book more deeply as it is a glorious tale of love, cancer and dying.  Funny and sweet.  Beautifully written.  Not overly sad.  Just very factual and inspiring.  

Good luck with your recording efforts today.  I'm glad you're getting great sleep.  Me too.  I slept for 10 hours too last night.  Woke up at a reasonable time - 7ish.  Sometimes I wake at 5am and I find that it makes the day too long.  

Have a wonderful day.

Budgie
Super Contributor

Hi Claire,

So sorry for my late reply.  I've just had an absolutely mad weekend with a full house.  One of my daughters & her family, plus one of my sons came to visit.  My  daughter has 4 children, so it was a very loud, hectic house - absolutely fabulous!  

How have  you been lately?  Healing up nicely, I hope.

I am trying to make a wedding gift for my other son & his wife out of the quilling, but it's taking so much longer than I had hoped.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so if I'm not happy with something I have to do it again, but this is taking so long to get right.  Anyway, I'll get there, eventually. 

My attempts at flower making so farMy attempts at flower making so far

I was in awe of my mother when she would knit.  It was amazing to watch her reading a book or watch TV  while she knitted a jumper or something.  Fabulous.

Cheers

Budgie

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Hi Lampwork 

TGIF! I've had a busy week. It's funny how I had lots of time on this forum when I was laid up, but keep me busy and I disappear.

It's a good sign. I'll feeling good. Now in the rest period of my first cycle. Trying to live it up by having no tablets at all. Alas, not possible. Feeling much better in general though.

My 2nd cycle starts Wednesday and it will probably smack me really hard on the weekend. So I'll probably be a regular on the forum again.

I had better send Claire a post to, just to make sure she's still dancing. I hope your well. Let me know how your travelling.

Click here for some Elton John funnies

Enjoy!

Phil

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Howdy Claire!

Still dancing?

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Yeah! I know, 2 lines are pretty pathetic. I'll try harder. I just wanted to increase the thread count. Still going for the record.

Lehiatus
Contributor

2 lines is fine! It’s concise and yes- we’re still going for the record, which I have no idea what we’re aiming for, we’ve cracked the 100! Good to hear you’re doing okay- I too tried a no tablet day yesterday, not. Wise. Didn’t sleep until 4am due to pain- gotta stop being a hero and just rest, it’s just sooooo hard! Happy weekend 😁

PhilPepper
Regular Contributor

Arrrh! Forum maintenance just killed my long post!

I even had all the Elton songs listed.

Gone!

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.