Gynaecological cancer

Christine
New Contributor

Gynaecological cancer

Could anyone out there please read my profile and offer any advice. Much appreciated
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
bev
Frequent Contributor

Gynaecological cancer

Hello Christine, I was diagnosed with cancer of the uterus last June. I had a modified radical hysterectomy and had the lymph nodes removed in July. In late September I started 28 days of pelvic radiation.   I saw my gynaecological oncologist today for my 6 monthly check up and he is really pleased with me. I last saw him just after my radiation treatments. Not too much of side effects from the radiation, thank goodness.   Hope your mum came through everything ok. Like you, I have been trying to find someone with the same cancer and treatments. I feel really well, apart from the wear and tear in my legs, I have been told that I need 2 knee replacements, oh well. Hope to hear from you, Bev  
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Gynaecological cancer

Hi Christine, I have just replied to your other post.
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

Gynaecological cancer

Hi Christine, welcome to the forums. The best advice I can give you at this early stage is to sit tight and wait for the results to come in. Everything is such as shock at this stage and things need to happen so quickly. I wish your mum all the best with her surgery next Tuesday, please keep us all informed how it goes.
0 Kudos
mikey
Contributor

Gynaecological cancer

Hi Christine,Wishing your mum the best with her surgery today.
0 Kudos
trishpj
Not applicable

Gynaecological cancer

Hi I am a little confused! I am having a LLETZ procedure tomorrow. I have Squamous Cells Cin3 aswell as Adenocarcinoma in-situ. Does anyone know whether the LLETZ remove the Adenocarcinoma? Will I need further treatment? It was a lot to listen to at the Doctors surgery. My dad has Adenocarcinoma in his osphogeus, for this he has to have biopsy's every 4 months. Is the Adenocarcinoma cancer? Hope someone can give me some information. Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Gynaecological cancer

Hi Roy, The site moderator had to delete your message because you had posted your personal contact details. Please feel free to write back and let us know how your mother is. You can also try this link to print out a brochure about cancer of the uterus. I hope you get some answers very soon. www.cancercouncil.com.au All the best Butterfly
0 Kudos
benlisecca
Contributor

Gynaecological cancer

Hi Trish, It's a steep learning curve isn't it when we are diagnosed with cancer - the doctors start  throwing all their "doctor" terms at us so we are trying to cope with the diagnosis and learn a whole new language as well. I'm so sorry that you are going thru all  this.  I can't help you with any interpretations and I'm sure your doctor will have explained everything yesterday. If he doesn't then make sure you find a doctor who will.Just wanted to send you some good vibes and to let you know that we are thinking of you.  Sharon
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.