Have you had Non Malignant Skin Cancers of the Face/Ears or Shoulders?

Judi
Occasional Visitor

Have you had Non Malignant Skin Cancers of the Face/Ears or Shoulders?

I'm a 56 year old Woman who has recently been diagnosed with possibly 9 x Non Malignant Skin Cancers - 7 being on my Face. Having grown up on the beach and always been an outdoors and beach going person, I'm not surprised.

My Dad passed of Malignant Melanoma at age 44 and I've been sun burned more times than i can remember! Add to that the red orange hereditary tinges in my hair with Scandinavian and British Genes and I would be a Poster Girl for Skin Cancer Awareness.But I'm not.

The only BCC is on my Nose - so far - it looks though i may need a Moh's Procedure - bearing in mind I have Nursed many Patients in OT Recovery (PACU) who have had this procedure and I am mortified.

I would rather have all lesions removed then deal with Reconstruction about 12 months after treatment based on my totally worn down Immune System and my aged and sun damaged skin.

At this stage ,Biopsies have been done and results and decisions will be made in four days.

Can anybody share any experiences with their Skin Cancers with me? Any advice on anything related to Skin Cancer would be much appreciated. I'm just accepting I have Cancer and am looking at Pre DiagnosisPre Diagnosis

Biopsy Day - 7 x Sites FaceBiopsy Day - 7 x Sites Face

Biopsy Day - Right Shoulder - Mole RemovalBiopsy Day - Right Shoulder - Mole Removal

Biopsy Day - Right Shoulder x 1Biopsy Day - Right Shoulder x 1

IMG_5626.jpg

about 12 months of removal of precancerous sites as well.

Thanks in advance.

Judi 

Judi_0-1599737183649.png

2 REPLIES 2
Mezza3174
New Contributor

Re: Have you had Non Malignant Skin Cancers of the Face/Ears or Shoulders?

Hi Judi

It’s confronting isn’t it! I'm 49, grew up in the sub tropics and had my first bcc removed 10 years ago. I’ve had a malignant melanoma cut out of my left cheek. Today I went for my check up, I haven’t been hit a year because I had spinal surgery. I have a bcc, 2 scc and a possible new melanoma on my back which was biopsied. 
Like you, I’m kind of resigned to having cancer but I am always thinking positive, living and living life, exercising, eating well, and being grateful for what I have. I’m here if you want to reach out. 
😍

Gitty
Visitor

Re: Have you had Non Malignant Skin Cancers of the Face/Ears or Shoulders?

Hi Judy,

I can understand your frustration with skin cancer. I hope you find the right treatment for your cancer. I was diagnosed with a scalp lesion just a month ago which I thought was folliculitis. The many options were a bit overwhelming but I don't think surgery is for me at the moment as it would leave a very large unsightly patch of skin with no hair. I have opted for Aldera cream wh which I was terrified to use because of all the awful reviews posted on the internet. I am only day 3 into the treatment but am already feeling tired. Remember you are never alone when you fight cancer of any kind. There seem to be a lot of lovely people on this site  offering support.  Good luck Judy, thinking of you. 

Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.