Hello I'm Alan and I have Penile Cancer

Rescue
New Contributor

Hello I'm Alan and I have Penile Cancer

Well hello everybody, I'm keeping my history with the medical community as complicated as the day I was born it seems by not having one of those run of the mill cancers that everybody has. I had to go for the exotic and bizarre as per usual my mother tells me. I'm hoping, just hoping that there's someone else that has been through what I'm about to go through )total penectomy with perineal urethrostomy) but from what I've found on line I'm in for an interesting journey.....
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Jules2
Super Contributor

Re: Hello I'm Alan and I have Penile Cancer

Hi Rescue It's not easy being different and it must be difficult to have a cancer that is not mainstream. Tough enough gig to do cancer anyway, neverlone have nobody else close that has gone through what you have been or about to go through. If you don't find anyone on these boards I hope that it at least gives you some support to know that there are others travelling similar paths. Julie
0 Kudos
little_stitcher
Super Contributor

Hi Alan, I love your attitude! I wish you lots of good things. Emily
0 Kudos
docherty
New Contributor

Hi Alan, being told you have cancer sucks, finding friends who have cancer doesn't. We all find ways to cope, mine is going to support groups, although I'm yet to meet someone in the same situation as me, talking to others really helps me. You seem to have a great attitude, keep it up, it rubs off on others
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.