Hello everyone

Crazy_Cat_Lady
New Contributor

Hello everyone

I am new to this forum. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in March, had 2 surgeries last month and am now being faced with treatment options. It's all very scary.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Sunshine006au
Contributor

Re: Hello everyone

Hi, you will find this site so helpful, there's lots of support & the people are so lovely. Wishing you strength & sending (((HUGS))) your way. Alison
0 Kudos
cabachona
New Contributor

Hello Crazy Cat Lady

I understand how scary this is to you. I went through all of that last year. I wish you all the very best with your treatments. I would suggest you always take someone you can trust with you to your doctor's appointments. Always ask questions - no matter how silly they seem - this is YOUR journey and YOU need to understand everything that happens to you. Don't be afraid - be positive - think of life not death. Learn some relaxation exercises and don't forget to pamper yourself along the way as a "reward" that you have passed that step, then onto the next. Take one day at a time and don't worry about what may be - know that you will be okay and you aren't alone. Good luck with everything. Hugs to you Sandy
0 Kudos
Crazy_Cat_Lady
New Contributor

Re: Hello Crazy Cat Lady

Hi Sandy, Thanks for the welcome and the encouraging words. I like the idea of a "reward" along the way. At the end of it when I feel able we have decided to use one of our Travel Auction Vouchers and go away for a few days. Sergio and I were talking about that this afternoon. He is being a wonderful support for me. Cheers Elayne
0 Kudos
Crazy_Cat_Lady
New Contributor

Hi Alison, Thank you for the encouraging words. Help and support from people who have been through same/similar journey is always good. Cheers Elayne
0 Kudos
Allicat
Contributor

Hi Elayne, Welcome to the site. I am a cat lover and breast cancer survivor too. I hope everything is going well with your treatment.
0 Kudos
glenys48woods
Contributor

Re: Hello Crazy Cat Lady

Hi Hello crazy cat lady, I have been reading a book and it's helped me out a lot. It's called after cancer a guide to your new life. I got it from Breacan and reading it till the 6 of june. Glenys 0
0 Kudos
Talk to a health professional
Cancer Council support and information 13 11 20Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Cancer Information and Support

Online resources and support

Access information about support services, online resources and a range of other materials.

Caring for someone with cancer?

Find out what resources and support services are available to assist you.